Please disregard the title of this entry. I'm just fucking with the Huey Lewis fans now. Yeah, that's right. I've just picked a fight with nine people I've never met, because that's just how I roll.
Okay. I'm dangerously close to losing my shit, thanks to the pressure I'm under to hit deadlines and get my crap in order before I leave for CruiseTrek on Wednesday morning, instead of Wednesday night like I had it in my head. I always get a little anxious before I travel, and I really miss my family and my dogs while I'm gone, so I'm kind of a bitch right now.
A couple of FAQs that I wanted to clarify before I left, about the signing in Montreal on Thursday:
- I'm not attending the Serenity screening. As much as I love Firefly, and as fun as that would be, I can see a movie anywhere and anytime. It's not every day that I'm in a beautiful city like Montreal (I've only been there once, when I worked on Sirens back in the 1500s) and I'd like to see as much of it as I can before I get on a big boat. I just want to be very clear, so everyone knows what to expect and isn't disappointed.
- You can buy copies of both my books at the store to be signed, though that's not a requirement, especially if you've already purchased a book of your own. To be clear: this is a free event, so if you just want to come and listen, or see if it's true that I'm actually 7'3" in person, it's not going to cost you anything to get in.
- I'm also happy to sign anything you bring, within reason. If you've got one or two things, that's great, but if you have a pile of pictures or Star Trek items, we're going to have a problem. Or maybe not. The store may decide to limit items, anyway, just to keep things moving. Again, I'm being honest and up-front about this so everyone knows what to expect. I'm also entirely aware that I sound like a huge dick by so bluntly declaring my limits, but like I wrote above: I'm very close to losing my shit, and I'm a bitch right now.
- Huey Lewis fans will not be admitted unless they're wearing a thin leather tie. MC Hammer pants are optional.
- If the store is cool with it, you can record and distribute my performance, as long as you do it under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. In fact, I think it would be incredibly cool if someone was able to make this happen, and put it on YouTube or Google Video or something.
For everyone else who can't make it to either event, I'll do my very best to keep my blog updated from the road. I'll have access to the Internets on the ship, but I don't know how reliable/fast/affordable it is, and since I'm kind of going to be on a cruise, the last thing I want to do is tie myself to the damn Internets, you know?
I will be out of the WWdN poker tourneys at PokerStars this week and next week, too. I just have too much stuff to do between now and Wednesday morning, and I'll be on a boat next week, possibly playing live poker with real chips. Man, that's going to be weird.
Okay, back to panicking about packing and making deadlines and crap. Thanks for putting up with my shit-losing-kinda-bitchy evil twin. I should be back to normal on Thursday.
 Not really. Of course, all are welcome, and I'm just having a bit of fun. If any of you Huey Lewis uberfans are in attendance, I'll even do the super-secret HLATN handshake with you. You know that one, right?