Hey, did you know that today was Wednesday?
Apparently, I did not, because it wasn't until shortly after eleven in the morning my time that I realized I had a Games of our Lives deadline to hit, so I spent much of the day working on next week's column (which is, in my humble opinion, one of the best ones I've turned in over the last couple of months.) Incidentally, this week's is pretty cool: Astro Blaster.
Before I get to all the fantastic links that were sent in per my last post: I absolutely love writing Games of our Lives. In the past few weeks, I've been positively flooded with very tangible memories of arcades like Pinball Plus (which eventually became The Enterprise,) and Malibu Grand Prix out by my Aunt Val's house, and playing lots of Atari and then NES with chlorine-burned lungs while sitting in a wet swimsuit on the floor of my parents' den in Sunland. I love those memories so much, and I can see and feel those places so clearly right now, I hope that I can turn them into a cool story sooner than later.
When I was done with Games of our Lives, I wrote a story for the Suicide Girls Geek wire that I really like: one about ants, (and a feature about the space shuttle later tonight that I also like.) While I was updating the newswire, I found out that Suicide Girl Alexis bought a Wil Has A Posse thong from the WWdN store, and shot a pretty cool (and quite tasteful, so just settle down) photoset featuring it. My new goal is to get other Suicide Girls to do WWdN clothing photosets. I'm looking in the direction of my fellow geek editor, Posh. Ahem.
Anyway, this is all to make lots of excuses for not updating during the day like I said I would, which I will do now:
- Katrina sent in pictures and a blog.
- asalsman sent in some photos, and a blog post. He also has some video, which is forthcoming. (It's the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License, asalsman.) I, uh, also beat up his friend. But he asked me to. Honest!
- kerri wrote a blog.
- The Knitsmiths let us use their table in Brookline, and then let me sign the very same table!
- Chaz, who traveled over ten hours to come to Montreal, posted some pictures from The Magical Blend at his blog.
- Cathy sent a description of the carnage that was "The Day Wil Wheaton Met the Bar Candidate."
- starshine_diva sent in her blog and some pics from Montreal.
- rantmaster wrote a Livejournal entry.
- geekgrl64 sent some pics from Boston.
- JaynesGirl wrote a blog about Boston.
- spi has a post with links to pics at flickr and audio (.torrent and mp3) from Boston.
Wow. That's a lot of stuff! Thank you so much to everyone who sent in links. I hope to get my own story written up before the end of the week, which is one say closer than I thought it was twelve hours ago.