Inspired by Goldfinger (the movie, not the band) and alone and a little bored in an empty house while my family is away, I decided to do a special episode of Radio Free Burrito.
This is entirely a music show, playing Exotica, Easy Listening, and Lounge Music from Comfort Stand Records, which is totally awesome and releases its artists under a Creative Commons License.
I had a giant pile of fun doing this show, and I hope you have a good time listening to it.
- I tried to use chapters and images in this, because the latest version of GarageBand makes it appear easy. I don't know if I did it right.
- All the artists I played are at Comfort Stand dot Com.
- I played music from:
- If you liked the music I played, and you want to hear more, Wikipedia's Lounge Music page is a great place to start.
- I also mentioned Joe Frank, who is awesome.
- Comments can be sent to podcast at wil wheaton dot net. Please use a descriptive subject line.
- Radio Free Burrito is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License.
This episode weighs in at 37 minutes, is 18.3 MB, and is in m4a format, instead of mp3 format, because I'm tired and not in the mood to remember how to convert it to an mp3 that still sounds good. I don't think it's that big a deal at the moment, because the size appears to be consistent with older episodes of the good old RFB.
Update: Our good friend and Torrent-Creating Guy Mann Dude, Brian has created two different .torrent files for Super Happy Funtimes:
Low (mono, VBR bit rate range 0-24, 6.7 megs):
Thanks for the .torrents, Brian, and thank you to everyone else who sent in comments or feedback. It's awesome to hear from listeners who enjoyed the show, and inspires me to do more in the mysterious future.