Memories of the Future, Volume One, covers the first 13 episodes of TNG, so each week, I'm choosing something from one episode, and performing an excerpt for you. It will mostly be from the synopses, which is where I think the real humor of the book lives, but from time to time, I may work in some things from the other parts.
Two important things:
- This does not mean the book comes out in 13 weeks. It comes out much sooner than that.
- These are not excerpted from an audiobook. These are recorded specifically for this podcast. I'm not sure if I'll do a full-length audiobook, yet, but I'm open to the idea.
- The Memories of the Futurecast works hard to earn its [EXPLICIT] tag. You have been warned.
- This week, I shared an excerpt from the synopsis of Code of Honor. Yes, I also quoted the line.
- This week's theme music comes from The Seldon Plan's 2007 release, The Collective Now. The song is called Going Nowhere Slow, and is used under Creative Commons license from Magnatune.
- Let's see what happens if I embed the album:
The Collective Now by The Seldon Plan
- Memories of the Futurecast is just under 16 minutes long this week.
- Memories of the Futurecast weighs in at 14.6MB.
- Memories of the Futurecast dreams of wrapping the bulldozer in explosives and throwing the switch itself.
- Wait. That's what I dream of. Sorry.
- Memories of the Futurecast is one month old. Yay!
- Memories of the Futurecast is crisp and clean, with no caffeine.
- Memories of the Futurecast did not ask the genie for a tiny piano player.