Having clawed my way far enough out of fevertown to think and speak (mostly) clearly, I decided to take advantage of the lull in construction next door and record this week's Memories of the Futurecast.
Memories of the Future, Volume One, covers the first 13 episodes of TNG, so each week, I'm choosing something from one episode, and performing an excerpt for you. It will mostly be from the synopses, which is where I think the real humor of the book lives, but from time to time, I may work in some things from the other parts.
Two important things:
- This does not mean the book comes out in 13 weeks. It comes out much sooner than that.
- These are not excerpted from an audiobook. These are recorded specifically for this podcast. I'm not sure if I'll do a full-length audiobook, yet, but I'm open to the idea.
- The Memories of the Futurecast works hard to earn its [EXPLICIT] tag. You have been warned.
- I'm not 100% today, and as a result, the podcast isn't 100%, but someday we'll all look back on this and laugh as we flee the planet in a space ship.
- This week's theme music is used under Creative Commons license from the incredible Coconut Monkeyrocket. You can get the whole thing yourself, as well as a mountain of awesome music, at Comfortstand Records dot Com.
- Memories of the Futurecast Episode One contains excerpts from the synopsis of Encounter at Farpoint, (Part 2), and Behind the Scenes Memories.
- This week's episode is twice as long as last week's, and comes in at just over 18 minutes long.
- Memories of the Futurecast Episode Two weighs in at 8.7MB.
- Memories of the Futurecast will eat up all your crackers and your licorice.
- Memories of the Futurecast has Improved Initiative.