Memories of the Future, Volume One, covers the first 13 episodes of TNG, so each week, I'm choosing something from one episode, and performing an excerpt for you. It will mostly be from the synopses, which is where I think the real humor of the book lives, but from time to time, I may work in some things from the other parts.
Two important things:
- This does not mean the book comes out in 13 weeks. It comes out much sooner than that. In fact, it is available right now! Woo!
- These are not excerpted from an audiobook. These are recorded specifically for this podcast. I'm not sure if I'll do a full-length audiobook, yet, but I'm open to the idea.
- The Memories of the Futurecast works hard to earn its [EXPLICIT] tag. You have been warned.
- The theme song is Mister Fancy Pants, by my friend Jonathan Coulton. It is from his fantastic Thing A Week (my fingers autotyped "Thing A Geek" just now. Heh.) and is used under Creative Commons license.
- This week I read some of the synopsis from Where No One Has Gone Before, also known as "that one with the Traveller."
- This week's show weighs in at just over 18MB.
- This week's show is just over 19 minutes long.
- Garageband still refuses to let me embed artwork in the MP3. Feel free to grab the image from this post and use it, if you need it to go with all your glasses and your shoes, so you have them.
- Memories of the Futurecast doesn't have anything clever to add this week, it just hopes you enjoyed listening to it and will consider picking up the book.
- Yeah, that's right, you can buy Memories of the Future Volume One for just $19.87 RIGHT NOW! YAY!